Sunday 1 September 2013

A little long weekend sharing

Hi blogging friends, I just wanted to stop by and share a tag with you that I made this weekend.  Nothing like leaving it to the end of the month but when I saw Tim's August Tag Challenge I knew I really wanted to play with this technique.  I loved his results and to be honest actually forget about using them when creating.  I am so appreciative of all the work Tim puts into providing us with the never-ending and always inspiring tips, techniques, projects, products and challenges. Thank you Tim! I wanted to share my tag with you and hope you either had fun creating with your masks or get inspired to in the near future.  No better time than a nice long weekend to get those creative ideas out!
In this tag I started by stamping my focal points in black archival ink on a blank manilla tag.  I did this because I knew I wanted the flesh colours to be clean and pop when I got to that and not have colour to contend with from an all over background.  After covering these stamped images with my masks I then used my blending tool, stamps and distress inks to create the remaining background.
 After creating the background, I removed the masks and started to add colour to the black stamped images.  Using the brush tip of the distress markers and watcolour brush, I achieved the general colour and then I went over with both the fine tip and brush tip to add dimension and shadow.
After I was happy with the tag itself I added a few embellishments to finish it off.  Randomly, remnant rubs were added and I love the look of these old cigar bands and I think they are quite fitting for this tag. I might do a little distressing of the brads but loving how this turned out.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all a great long Labour Day weekend! h


28 comments:

  1. Great colors,like it very much.Pat s

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tags, of any shape & size; this tag's exceptional; however, I've never worked w/the T.H masks...I agree w/you about Tim & providing such wonderful presentations; thanks for sharing your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really great Susan, I love the sheets because you can make a mask for anything. Thanks for commenting and be sure to pick yourself up some! I must try!

      Delete
  3. Nicely done, Heather. I love these stamps. I really need to get some practice in using the Distress markers and waterbrush. I like what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag! I love your coloring! Are you a cigar smoker, or do you have a source? Inquiring minds want to know. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not a smoker of any kind. I had them in my stash waiting to be used!

      Delete

  5. Splendid darling, splendid !! That's what came to mind when I looked at it... I love the technique and all the amazing details and embellishments !!!











    ReplyDelete
  6. Your masking is awesome, but your coloration of the gents is sublime!!!!! Fabulous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Heather - love the use of the masks and then the coloring. I agree those cigar bands come in handy for a very masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very beautifull website very good work. Play Bazaar | Play Bazaar Gmaes | Satta King | Satta King Satta Matka All Play Bajar/bazzar Games Result Chart 2019.
    play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete